Have you considered what would happen if you or child causes damage or an accident while in a golf cart?
Do you realize that if you have passengers in your golf cart without protection YOU are liable! If the driver damages someone else’s property, home, or car there’s ZERO protection unless you have these coverages in place!
If you are looking for Golf Cart insurance in Cumming, Ga, Bradford Turner Insurance Group would be happy to help you explore your options. There are many coverages and endorsements that are available for you to consider.
- Property damage liability: Pays for damage to another person’s property.
- Collision: Pays for damage to the golf cart from a collision with another vehicle or object, regardless of fault.
- Other than collision (comprehensive): Covers fire, theft, falling objects, collision with an animal, weather damage; most damages that are not from a collision.
- Bodily injury liability: Pays for injuries caused to others.
This includes hospital bills, medical expenses, etc.
- Guest passenger liability: Covers medical expenses for passengers injured while riding in your golf cart (not including spouses, who are protected under your medical coverage).
- Medical Payments: Helps cover hospital bills and medical expenses for you and any passengers injured in an accident, no matter the fault.
- According to a study by the American Journal of Preventive Medicine, golf carts are responsible for around 15,000 injuries annually. Most injuries result from falls, collisions, and limb entrapment.
- The American Academy of Pediatrics found that over 6,500 children younger than age 18 are injured by golf carts each year.
GOLF CART LAWS IN GA:
- In order to drive a golf cart alone, a person must have a driver’s license or a valid permit.
- Golf carts should not be operated after dark unless they have the required nighttime equipment (blinkers, windshield, brake lights and headlights).
- The licensed driver/operator accompanying a youth must have their license if stopped by the police.
- When a non-licensed driver drives a golf cart and is accompanied by a licensed driver, the licensed driver is the responsible, liable party if an accident occurs.
Golf carts can be a lot of fun and are a great way to get around the neighborhood. However, you always want to be prepared because it is called an “accident” after all.